Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Goes Down Like Clockwork on The Renewal Date for Hours and Even Days for the Last 2+ Years...

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TheBroker
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I came here for the basically the same answer. For the last two plus years we've had two Arlo Go cameras on Arlo's service. Not AT&T or Verizon, but Arlo's service. Every month it goes down on or around the 19th, which is our monthly bill date. EVERY SINGLE MONTH. It'll go down for the whole day, 12 to 18 hours and even for two days at a time. Nothing to do with the batteries. Plus, too coincidental that both cameras go down exactly at the same moment.  Now, today, we've been down since the 19th for 4 days and I'm finally here trying to find an answer because Arlo's customer service is pretty bad and never solves the problem. By the time they get back to us, the cameras are back up and all is forgotten. Pretty pathetic. Our project has been broken into multiple times already, but never on or around the 19th.....yet. We don't want that to happen. We're tired of this situation. $900 in cameras and the service sucks!

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @TheBroker

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 42319046

TheBroker
Aspirant
Aspirant

We're going on one week now. I was on hold to talk to your customer service for at least an hour earlier in the morning and I had to hang up because I'm running a business. I called back again and this time two and half hours before I had to hang up again. My partner and his wife have tried all this week with no one picking up after three hours on hold for customer service. We're approaching this from all sides. We're all just trying to get thru. Our project in Los Angeles is literally without any cameras now for a week. We've had to purchase a blind alarm system as a backup since the Arlos have never been reliable. Again, this is literally in the middle of the West Side of Los Angeles so our signal is strong. It has nothing ever to do with that. They just go down every monthly renewal period and I guess this happens with a lot of Arlos a lot. Pretty sad and could turn out very costly for us. We're just waiting on getting our electrical signed off by the city so that we can order our meter and then the cable company can put in internet. We'll then buy $35 Wyze Cams and call it a day. Imagine, we paid $900 for both of these cameras and pay $53/month for terrible service. Pathetic.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @TheBroker

I can see that customer support reached out to you via email regarding the escalations case I opened for you. The support agent asked for additional information regarding the issue you are experiencing. Did you receive this email and provide the requested info (case: 42319046) for further investigation? 

TheBroker
Aspirant
Aspirant

I replied with the following email....

"So I'm writing this from my home and not the project where the cameras are at so I pulled the serial numbers from the ARLO app. Like I said before, I find it very hard to understand that two cameras go down, EVERY MONTH, since we bought them in 2018 and 2019, at the same day, the 19th, which coincidentally is the same day our auto-payment comes out, TWO CAMERAS, bought a year apart. But if you guys believe that it's the cameras and replacing them is what's going to fix the situation, fine. One camera, was bought on 8/30/2018 and the other on 4/14/2019. We don't know which was bought when. Here are the two Serial Numbers: (given in email) and (given in email)."

TheBroker
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got asked if my problem has been solved....no it hasn't been solved. It hasn't been solved until, I guess, I receive two new cameras, because that's what Arlo believes is this problem, I hook them up, and they start working for me. I yet to receive or be asked for, any cameras or my address to send them to. So no, nothing has changed. We're paid up now for this month back on the 19th with "Auto Pay" as it always has been. Yet as of March 3, 2021, no service to both cameras even though I get 3 to 5 bars for a signal for each camera and fully charged batteries.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation