Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting partial picture on live stream or camera positioning on Firefox Mini Mac

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

My browser is Firefox 70.0.1 with a Mini Mac - I am only getting a partial picture in either LIVE or Camera Positioning.  But with both my Smartphone Arlo App. & my Safri browser both LIVE & Camera Positioning are normal.

Both have also previously been normal with my Firefox until about a week ago.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the browser has updated recently, it now defaults to Flash off....

make sure the flash is active... in Fire Fox, the toggle is on the left of address bar, looks like a lego block.

Click on it and allow same

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your reply.

I did figure out about clicking on the "lego" to activate the Flash - but then I got a message

that the privacy settings do not permit Streaming - so, I went into the Privacy setting's and did

something that makes the streaming work.  It there anyway do make Flash work without having to click on the "lego" setting each time?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No... If you close it down you need to click on it next time....unless you leave it on in a separate tab ( which I sometimes do ).

Obv when the flash goes away to html5 this won't be an issue anymore.

Morse is faster than texting!
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

"Obv when the flash goes away to html5 this won't be an issue anymore."

Not sure what the above means??

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@sahnyc wrote:

"Obv when the flash goes away to html5 this won't be an issue anymore."

Not sure what the above means??

Flash is being phased out by Adobe (who invented it) and the browsers.  It is planned for removal altogether in December 2020.

The newer technology is html5 streaming.  Arlo has announced that they will switch to that, but they haven't said when.  Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later, as it will eliminate the steps we all have to suffer with now.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation