Geofencing stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
er-minio
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not sure if this is really a camera problem or and app/system issue.

Goefencing for my Arlo Go camera stopped working recently.

I tried resetting the geofencing zone, changing sizes, to no avail.

The phone has location sharing, background refresh, etc. etc.

There is another user, same, all settings are good on the other phone.

Geofencing has been working for years at this location, no big changes done apart from switching the SIM in the Arlo Go Camera at the beginning of August (V-SIM shut down) and Geofencing worked ok after that.

I have to manually arm/disarm the camera and, a couple of days ago, even disarming the camera wouldn't do anything as I would get movement notification (and movie recordings) despite the camera being set as "disarmed".

Is there some software issue? Update needed?

28 REPLIES 28
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@er-minio wrote:

I'm using the free tier as I don't need any recordings and/or face recognition or other features in the subscription.

This is with the Go?  Or do you have the Go 2?  The Go does have free 7-day cloud recording.

In any event, access to Arlo support requires a subscription.  So if you want to try them, you'll need to subscribe for a month.  I'm tagging the Arlo mods - @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN - in case they have some ideas.

er-minio
Tutor
Tutor

It's the original Go.

It will keep recording stored for a few days when triggered. It's more than enough.

I'm not subscribing to open a ticket on a basic functionality that suddenly stopped working for me and other users.
I assume it should be solved regardless. it's a bug report, I can wait while it gets sorted.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reached out to the development team regarding the behavior you are seeing with Geofencing. Once I receive an update, I will reach out to the community. 

er-minio
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation