Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Drumm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Experiencing this issue with my Arlo GO this afternoon, I noticed there are similar threads for this in in the past, maybe not for the GO.

it is recording to the library but I cannot access the device which is 500km away, says is offline?

Is this an engineering issue, or is there a hardware update underway.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thx Ralph

5 REPLIES 5
Drumm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good News.

About 5 hours later the Arlo GO came back online, so I now have full access to the device, despite it still recording to my Library (so technically not really offline.)

No explanations on why or what caused this.

(Firmware V 1.096.3.0-1.8.55.0-19)

Ralphmd
Guide
Guide

Bad News, I opened the App on this morning and the camera was online, a few minutes later it was offline, but it is still recording to the cloud/library.

I cannot access the device or any settings.

Most frustrating and annoying this started this a few days ago.

Ralphmd
Guide
Guide

Pleased to say, around 5 pm on the 20 th, the issue fixed itself and hasn’t occurred for the past two days. No indications of why and so will remain unanswered.

mbalcbe
Aspirant
Aspirant
My guess is, since recordings are up probably it’s busy uploading them to cloud? We can’t use live feature while it is uploading??
Ralphmd
Guide
Guide

Spot on, I have been observing this and depending upon the signal strength from Telstra between 1 & 4 bars it is offline for 2-5 minutes, have lowered the video grab to 12 seconds so it comes back online ASAP, am using best video setting, so the file size will be slightly larger.

Thanks for your help.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation