Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rickluna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Go model VML4030-100AUS

I have telstra data sim card. Renamed the APN to telstra.wap, continue to next screen, rename the camera, continue button changes from grey to green, try to click the "continue" and it wont execute and move to next screen.

I have tried this process from my surface laptop, my Metabox laptop and surface pro computer and the no-response from the "continue" button remains.

I have reset the camera to factory and tried again.

I learnt that I can add the arlo go camera via my iphone app but I can't add the camera via the web application because it stalls at the "continue" button.

I have spent over and hour with Arlo support, including sending a video of the step by step process of trying to add the camera via the web application. I mention this because I have to add the device via the Iphone app so it can be recognised on the WEB app, which is the only location you can edit the APN information. This functionality is not available via the iphone app.

I have checked that the sim card has data on it and I've also changed sim cards.

This is perplexing, because it was already functioning using the telstra data simcard, and one day it stopped. And it happend when I purchased 2 other Arlo Go Cameras and managed to rename the APN using the Telstra data. All working fine except this one.

Whats even more frustrating is I have been trying to resolve this Arlo fro the past 4 months now and I keep getting these automatic alerts asking have we resolved your problem. 

Please advise

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Rickluna
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shayne S.

Below is a list case numbers from support that this issue is related to: 

As I mentioned, the last live chat session went for over an hour and as requested I sent a video of me filming the step by step process. the person on the other end of the live chat confirmed they received the video and said they would get back to me the next day. I have not had any feedback fro over a month. This week I recently tried again and stalled again at the continue button. The main thing I take issue to is the "box ticking excercise" of continuous automated emails asking if this case has been resolved and if I don't reply the case will be closed. Its NOT resolved.

I threw it open to the Arlo community to hear from other peoples experience that have edited the APN details on their Arlo Go cameras and were stalled at the "continue" button.. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing this feedback, I have escalated this issue for you & someone from the escalations team will be contacting you as soon as possible. I have provided the escalations number here: 42311748

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation