Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
techip
Aspirant
Aspirant

Latest issue: my monthly account was renewed. My Arlo Go and app does not see it as renewed. Deleted camera and cannot add it again.  Camera does not recognize the QR code to add cam to my account (I get a bomp bomp bomp bomp sound). I also can't factory reset via another QR code (same sound).  I cannot get support since a camera is no longer attached to my account.  I will never buy Arlo again. The camera was expensive as hell.

Can support contact me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
techip
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did remove the battery, SIM card and microSD card.  That did not help.

I tried this last night and it worked:
1. Go to Devices and add
2. Scan QR code on package and click "Problems Scanning?"
3. Enter model (Arlo Go)
4. Enter the IMEI (you will need to pull the battery out of the camera to read this code)
5. Enter the ICCID (code on SIM card)
6. Insert the battery and wait for the chime before hitting continue on the app.
7. Adding failed, but when I scanned the QR code from the app on my camera after following all of the steps, I heard the chime and was able to add my camera.
8. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence that it worked finally, but try this.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi techip,

Try using this article to troubleshoot the problem you're experiencing with your Arlo Go camera: What do I do when Arlo does not discover my device during setup?

techip
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I was able to factory reset it but still cannot add it to my account. The camera doesn't seem to like my QR code no matter what size the code is with the brightness all the way up.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

So when you're scanning your QR code, do you hear a chime that it scanned the QR code? I ask because your first post mentioned you get a "bomp bomp bomp bomp" sound after scanning your QR code.

techip
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still hear the failure sound (bomp bomp bomp).  I tried scanning it from different distances, different screens, different sizes (zoom in and out on a web browser), different angles, different heights.  I tried at least thirty times. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try troubleshooting with the suggestions given on here: My Arlo camera won’t scan the QR code during setup

techip
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cover has been removed, the brightness is at the highest,  I've tried moving the camera closer and farther from the QR code, I've disabled Dark mode, I've scanned the QR code in an evenly lit area, I've scanned the QR code in a dark area, I've cleaned the camera lens and my phone/iPad/monitor and I've factory reset the camera.

Any other suggestions?  Anyway I can pay to talk to someone without a camera on my account (since I can't add the camera to my account)?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try removing the battery and SIM card and re-insert them back in and try following the steps here to see if this may help: How do I set up my Arlo Go camera?

techip
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did remove the battery, SIM card and microSD card.  That did not help.

I tried this last night and it worked:
1. Go to Devices and add
2. Scan QR code on package and click "Problems Scanning?"
3. Enter model (Arlo Go)
4. Enter the IMEI (you will need to pull the battery out of the camera to read this code)
5. Enter the ICCID (code on SIM card)
6. Insert the battery and wait for the chime before hitting continue on the app.
7. Adding failed, but when I scanned the QR code from the app on my camera after following all of the steps, I heard the chime and was able to add my camera.
8. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence that it worked finally, but try this.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation