Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Melll
Tutor
Tutor

Have had an Arlo Go camera for a few years now and has been a great camera for remote locations...even stayed on through 2 hurricanes!  Started having trouble with the camera going offline and running down the battery in about 3 days.  This was going on for 3 months so I purchased an Arlo Go 2 that so far is working well.  Anyway moved the Arlo Go camera to a different location about 12 feet from the original location and started working again which is great.  The issue is when i went to exchange the battery for a fully charged battery that I do about every 2 weeks, the camera went offline.  Normally I can pull the battery back out and it will reload but didn't this time.  So as I have done before I deleted the camera off the Arlo app but it will not recognize the QR code through the internet when trying to reload.  The LED light turns blue and starts blinking and then stays solid blue, then goes off, when trying to get the camera to recognize the QR code it will make a bummer sounding chime and the LED flashes yellow or amber.  Anyone have any Ideas what could be the issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

It sounds like it could be a cellular network issue.

Try and take the camera with you to another location where you know signals are good and try and onboard it there.

Are you using the same cell provider in both the GO and GO 2 cameras? How old is the sim card in the GO?

Melll
Tutor
Tutor

Same cell provider for both the Arlo Go and Arlo Go 2.  In fact put the Arlo Go 2 in the exact spot where I was having problems with the Arlo Go and the Arlo Go 2 worked fine?  The Arlo Go camera I moved to a different location about 12’ away and it worked for a few months or more and was working fine until I swapped out the battery.  It would not come back online so I deleted off the app and tried to reload as I have done before, but it would not recognize the QR code?  All the LED lights were functioning per manual.  I also put in a new 5G sim card about a month before it quit?  Do you know if there is a contact or address I can send the Arlo Go camera to for someone to inspect and/or repair?

Melll
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, same cell provider and new 5 G SIM card

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation