Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Drain Arlo Go

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
brettrein
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my Arlo go installed for less than 6 days and the battery is already down to 50%.  It has not triggered any motion alerts nor do I have it set to record for sound alerts.  I expected more battery life than this.  What is wrong?  Yes, the battery was at 100% when I installed my Arlo Go.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brettrein
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for all the help.  Working with Netgear support, it appears that I got a bad battery.  With the new battery after almost 2 weeks, I am still at 90%.  

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is the signal strength from the carrier? Is the camera drawing power from anything except the battery?

brettrein
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just have the Arlo Go setup as is out of the box, battery charged of course.  I have 3 bars of signal strength.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual suggestions of resetting the camera may apply here but don't really have enough data to know how effective it would prove.  You may want to open a case with support first.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

brettrein,

I'd like to offer assistance with the issue you are describing. I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Streak2
Master Master
Master

I had the same issue until I changed the Network Mode to LTE only.

Battery now last months.

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also had this issue until I changed my Network mode from Auto to LTE mode. I have not run it a full cycle yet, but it looks like it will get out to a month or so. Still not the best but better than a week. I am planning on getting a Solar Panel for mine once they update the firmware to work with the AT&T carrier so it isn't as big of an issue for me. I think there must be a bug in their code as there is no reason for locking into LTE mode to make that dramatic of difference. In fact, 4G is less congested in my area than LTE.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Not all ATT cell sites have BOTH LTE and HSPA antennas.  Cell coverage is organic, it grows and shrinks dependant on users attaching and detaching from cell site sectors.  Battery drian could be attributed to the Arlo Go set as AUTO and located in finge cell site coverage,  basically it is fighting to get the best carrier signal swapping between LTE and the HSPA network.

brettrein
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for all the help.  Working with Netgear support, it appears that I got a bad battery.  With the new battery after almost 2 weeks, I am still at 90%.  

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I believe there is an issue either with their HSPA antenna or the implementation of it. The HSP where I live is much less congested and as reliable as LTE and yet if I manually force mine to HSPA it will not even connect to it most of the time.  Yet standing beside it I can connect fine to HSPA with my iPhone. Mine stablizes when I have it set to LTE only.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation