Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mikeyboats83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bought this system off of amazon and having some serious issues setting this system up.

The contents did come with a SIM card, but a t mobile sim, and didn’t think arlo go supported t mobile in the first place.

Can anyone tell me if a different sim was included besides t mobiIe?
6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Here's the info I have re GOs;

Note yours is a PAS model which may be different

Open your Arlo Go camera’s battery door, remove the battery, and look for the serial number on the device label inside the battery compartment.

If the serial number starts with 51F the service provider Arlo Mobile and service can be purchased from within your Arlo Account.
If the serial number starts with 4RF or 4YY the service provider is AT&T
If the serial number starts with 51B the service provider is Verizon

Another way to identify your Arlo Go service provider is to compare your camera's SKU to the list below:

VML4030-200NAS = Arlo Mobile

VML4030-100NAS = AT&T Enterprise
VML4030-1VZNAS = Verizon

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Mikeyboats83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Serial number beginning = 5DR (inside of the camera), which reflects neither option you provided (thank you) before.

Is my go a scam, perhaps? Pretty odd that I can’t at least match up Model/sku numbers in the first place.

Thanks again for your help!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mikeyboats83,

Is the SIM card active? Have you contacted T-Mobile to check to see if this is a working SIM?

JamesC

BrianPH
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have the same Arlo Go, VML4030-100PAS purchased at Amazon. The same setup issues. LED will blink blue/purple but end up 'fast blinking orange'.  SIM card is activated and tested working on phone. Any help on this will be much appreciated.  Thanks. PS: Camera is in the Philippines.

Mikeyboats83
Aspirant
Aspirant
Finally fixed it- ok- so this model off of amazon is a 100PAS, which is the newest model out there and is acceptable by t mobile.

To answer the set up issue- same thing happened to me (SIM cards activated but cannot set up on arlo site). All you need to do is scan your cameras to reset them to default factory settings (there’s a scannable reset arlo go barcode on their site). After doing that, all three cameras were then recognized and set up without any issues.

That should do the trick!
BrianPH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for that. We'll try it. Found the reset QR code here - https://kb.arlo.com/1202749/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Go-camera-to-factory-default-settings .

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation