Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo go solar charger

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Wthanel
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Hello,

I have a remotely located 2019 year Arlo go model VML4030 charged by a VMA4600 solar charger. 

Problem is during low sun days the battery fully discharges. The solar charger cannot recharge the battery. 

1) Will the latest arlo solar charger recharge a fully discharged battery?

2) Will the new solar charger work with my older camera or should I just purchase a new arlo go camera, battery and solar charger?

Bill

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no newer solar panel for the original Go. The panel also only trickle charges so I'm surprised that the Go will run the battery down rapidly with low light - normally I'd expect that to happen frequently anyways. How many total minutes of recording and live viewing is the camera being used for, on average? Generally <5 minutes per day leads to normal battery life. The data connection, of course, could be an issue if it drops or is weak.

The Go 2 uses a different solar panel with a magnetic connection. However, it is also a trickle charger so I doubt it would work any better. 

It could just be a dead/weak battery. Coming up with a new battery may be an issue - don't know if any exist.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Coming up with a new battery may be an issue - don't know if any exist.

They appear to be in stock here:

Wthanel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your answer.

"How many total minutes of recording and live viewing is the camera being used for, on average?" I'm not sure on this, not many. The setup worked ok in the summer and quit working in the winter. With it waking up a few times, like it had been in a coma, then finally quitting all together. Frustrating. Its in a wilderness area, very hard to get to.

Arlo appears to have NO email address for help. I tried the texting but only received robot answers, again very frustrating.

I use Arlo since it works with my Verizon phone plan.

There must be a better solution.

Bill

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation