Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo go not working with the battery anymore

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GIKen
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera quit working with just the battery. It has to be plugged in and then the battery icon is just the plug symbol. I've tried EVERYTHING. Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GIKen
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got the camera to recognize the battery. I have 4 Arlo Gos. 2 of them were purchased through Verizon, when these things first came out. The other 2 we're an eBay purchase. The ones from eBay have generic batteries. The ones I bought from Verizon have brand name Netgear batteries. So, out of curiosity and nothing else to try, I took an original Netgear battery out of one of the other cameras and stuck it in my problem camera, and voila! I got the battery charging icon. Crazy shtuff....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GIKen,

From your description it sounds like the battery is either defective or the terminal could be dirty or not making good connection. Make sure the battery terminals are clean and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

GIKen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply. I have removed the battery from the camera and cleaned the contacts inside the camera with a pencil eraser and then reinstalled a different battery which was fully charged in another camera. It still will not recognize the battery. I have to plug it into the charger for the camera to work and then the charging icon remains like the picture of an electric plug-in, not the battery with the lightning bolt.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GIKen wrote:
I have removed the battery from the camera and cleaned the contacts inside the camera with a pencil eraser and then reinstalled a different battery which was fully charged in another camera. It still will not recognize the battery. I have to plug it into the charger for the camera to work and then the charging icon remains like the picture of an electric plug-in, not the battery with the lightning bolt.

Sounds like it could be a camera failure then.

GIKen
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got the camera to recognize the battery. I have 4 Arlo Gos. 2 of them were purchased through Verizon, when these things first came out. The other 2 we're an eBay purchase. The ones from eBay have generic batteries. The ones I bought from Verizon have brand name Netgear batteries. So, out of curiosity and nothing else to try, I took an original Netgear battery out of one of the other cameras and stuck it in my problem camera, and voila! I got the battery charging icon. Crazy shtuff....
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation