Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo GO - camera won't set-up

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
OKCAustin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took my camera done for about a month and when I needed it again all I could get was a slow blinking blue light.  I cannot get it to do anything.  

I deleted it from my account, reset it, and now am trying to add a new device to the app.  

I have a blue flashing light, but no shutter sound when setting up and it won't read the barcode during set-up.

Spent too much to throw it away.  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OKCAustin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I finally got it figured out.  Verizon had inadvertently turned off my SIM card.  Without the connection to the cellular network, it would not set-up.  After I got re-activated and connected, all the regular set-up activities worked as described.

So... make sure your SIM card is active if you ever have this problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

OKCAustin,

Be sure you complete the factory reset process correctly. Follow the instructions here and attempt onboarding again: https://kb.arlo.com/1202749/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Go-camera-to-factory-default-settings

JamesC

OKCAustin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the camera from my current account as described in the directions.  When I depress the sync button, there is no click (or shutter sound) so it just sits there with a blue blinking light.  Since it doesn't click, it doesn't seem to read the QR code.

Again, it never clicks after pressing the sync button.

It is indeed strange.  This camera worked perfectly for a year and now it won't do anything like it is supposed to.

Thanks, and still looking for help.

OKCAustin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I finally got it figured out.  Verizon had inadvertently turned off my SIM card.  Without the connection to the cellular network, it would not set-up.  After I got re-activated and connected, all the regular set-up activities worked as described.

So... make sure your SIM card is active if you ever have this problem.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation