Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Reyerd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have had this camera for two months now, using for local water supply well pumps surveilance. So the camera is located up on a hill, so no wifi but i have power. Now in norway it is cold and the camera wont charge, but i read about power mode, as i understand it can run of power even witout battery? But now plugging in power adapter camera dont recognice arlo adapter, says i must plug in the arlo adapter. I have the weatherproof adapter, camera is indoor in dry conditions but no heating inside. Im very happy with the camera, only problems is with the charging, and the adapter
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reyerd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now rverything is working fine, think u did not plug the connector enought into camera. Im so happy with this camera now.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that either the camera or power supply may be faulty but the first thing I'd check would be the micro-USB connection. The 90 degree angle plug always caused me trouble trying to get it properly inserted which could cause damage to either side of the connection. You may also want to temporarily bring the camera into a warm environment, allow it to warm up to test the power connection and then put it back into place. Try it both with and without the battery in place.

Also, I'd leave the battery in place if everything is working properly to allow the camera to continue to work in case of a power outage.

Reyerd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for reply, I will go get the camera and warm it up and test it, the charge plug I think is not a good sollution, to me it looks weak. Is there a way to use another charger and cable with it? Or I may have damaged the plug on the camera itself
Reyerd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now i tried, took out battery then the camera is on, heat the battery in my hands and put it back in. Then its charging, now its cooled down again not fully charged I get error it cannot charge because of temperature. But with the battery installed, its draining the battery, even if the power adapter is plugged in. But maybe it is ok, it will drain battery but still be on? We have like -12 degres celsius here now, so it will not charge.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Reyerd wrote:
But with the battery installed, its draining the battery, even if the power adapter is plugged in. But maybe it is ok, it will drain battery but still be on? We have like -12 degres celsius here now, so it will not charge.

It should run on the AC power, and not drain the battery.  So that is a bit confusing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try it without the battery to see what happens.

Reyerd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Witout battery I get a power plug icon in the app and camera running on ac power. So this works, but when plugging in battery it drains. Now from yesterday 78% to 70%
Reyerd
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now rverything is working fine, think u did not plug the connector enought into camera. Im so happy with this camera now.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation