Arlo Go working great for a year then shows offline

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AntiqueWheels
Aspirant
Aspirant

..............Out of the blue (on or about Jan 9th) lost live view (says the camera is offline) but was still alerting/recording and the video showed up in the library. Oddly for about a week if the camera had just sensed motion and sent an alert you were able to access live view from the app but ONLY for a short time, after awhile though that "trick" stopped working too.

Now the camera has stopped working altogether because I attempted to remove from the app and reinstall (which was successful) but the app still insists it's offline which means I can't access the settings to tell it to record so the camera sits there ready for instructions but no way to access it.

I really hope someone can help me because every "fix" I attempted has made the situation worse then before. So far I have tried the following:

1. Restarting the device (IPad & IPhone) that the App is installed on

2. Changing to a fresh battery in the camera

3. Removing App & reinstalling the newest version which did nothing but the new App is horrible and I can't go back:(

4. Removing camera from the App & reinstalled, the installation says it was successful but the App still thinks the cameras offline so as I mentioned above I have now lost all recordings because I can't access the camera to tell it to record!?

5. Accessing from a PC (which was the 1st time I tried this) and not only would it not connect to this cameras Live View but it would not access ANY of my cameras Live View (4 Arlo Pro 2's installed a couple months back) but library and other features worked as they should???

Also it's important to note that I have 1 bar short of full service on AT&T so it's not a service issue (remember it worked flawlessly for a year) but Alro seems to think it is? Also as mentioned I have 4 Arlo Pro 2's purchased a couple months back installed on the same App and they are not having any issues as of right now, fingers crossed!

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated!!!

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@AntiqueWheels 

There have been a lot of updates lately and I have discovered that whenever there is an update, the first thing to do is power cycle the base. That often solves wierd problems.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation