Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go offline

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lakelady666
Tutor
Tutor

I have 7 Arlo Go cameras which intermittently go offline and have been doing so for the last 9 weeks. I have had the SIM cards re-set, and checked in an independent device, I have charged and changed batteries and relocated the cameras, I have deleted the cameras from my app, re-set the cameras to factory settings and re loaded them and I have checked the Cellular signal is fine but they continue to go offline.
At times the cameras will be offline on the app but still sending recordings to the library at other times the cameras will be offline completely and will need to be manually restarted. I had an open case with the Arlo team but it has been closed without resolving the issue, It is getting beyond frustrating now.

1 REPLY 1
RockDB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having same trouble with my 3 "GO's". Randomly go offline, usually just one, but sometimes 2 of the three. No uniformity as to which of them - all affected at one time or another.  Usually pop back on after 300+ seconds but lately I have had to reboot to get them back on.  Signal is 3-4 bars consistently and all three are within about 80' from each other.

I am starting to believe this is a "throttling" issue caused by Verizon limiting my data usage. I have unlimited but that doesn't mean anything. There are still caps and when you exceed the cap they are known to degrade your service. As each camera has it's own assigned cell number, they can easily choose what to throttle down service-wise.  I will be addressing this with Verizon. You may want to do the same with your provider, especially with that many camera's - that's a lot of potential data being used.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation