Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go - live streaming lag

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ryantebo
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone tested the live-stream option on the Arlo Go? This is one of the features I'm most interested in, but I worry that the time lag between the live-stream and real time are going to be too long for using it how I'd like.  The rep I spoke with said that with ideal service the lag would be around 3 seconds.  Can anyone confirm or deny this based on experience using the camera?  Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Yes, there is a few seconds lag while the camera transmits the image via the cellular network to the cloud for you to view.

ryantebo
Initiate
Initiate

Has anyone seen lag times reach higher gaps, such as 10+ seconds?  If it's consistent around ~3 seconds it would work fantastic for what I'd like!

Streak2
Master Master
Master

With a decent wifi signal used for the viewing and a decent LTE signal for the camera such that there will be no buffering then 3 seconds is about right.

As soon as there is buffering then of course the lag will increase.

kennyz79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Even after the firmware updates I still notice the camera is running a few seconds behind.  When you activate 2 way communications, you can notice the lag also.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's basically due to the need for everything to run through the servers.  No way to speed it up without having a very direct route to the server with minimal delays.  The WiFi connection between the camera and base can be an issue, adding to the delay if it's weak.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I have a 3-4(ish) second delay when using Live View with a dedicated 1 gig circuit (up/down) internet connection.  LTE RSRP and RSRQ is also excellent only living a quater mile from the closest ATT cell site.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation