Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go help

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

On Sunday, November 3 I called Tech Support case #41242121.

I was on the phone for over 30 min. during which time they had me do multiple resets, this was followed by cancelling my plan and then trying to start a new plan  multiple times which just did not work.  Now I was unable to connect.  I was at my remote camera location with only my Smartphone.    I got off the phone and returned home (7 miles away) I then did a chat session and the rep. took the number off my SIM card and then gave me a start-up allowance.   I was now able to get the Arlo Go camera back in operation at my home.   Now, I will have to see if will operate at my remote location.   On 11/3, the camera was operating properly at my home using both my Smartphone & my home computer, but not so a few hours later at my remote location - which is what caused me to call tech support.   Now, why during the phone call the same thing could not be done as was done during the chat session I do not know - If, the problem had been corrected during the phone call - I could have left the camera in operation at the remote location where it was meant for.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Just wondering - are you sure the mobile provider has good coverage at the remote location?  The system can't work if the cellular data isn't reasonably solid.

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, we have had the Arlo Go camera for a year now and have been able to use it at our remote location with the same Smartphone.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation