Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Peterjgale
Aspirant
Aspirant
On my mobile Arlo app I accidentally removed my Arlo Go camera.
When I try to re-add this same device through "Add New Device" through QR CODE recognition by phone and camera, I receive message "You have already claimed this device" when I try to name that device. This also locks up the phone app at this point and I cannot proceed further.
I have to "Force stop" the app on my Samsung phone.
Is it possible to reset this serial number so I can re-add the device or advise if the Arlo Go device is infact faulty.
I have also tried reinstalling Arlo App and resetting the phone cache, with no success
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peterjgale
Aspirant
Aspirant
I contacted support. They explained the "Reset to factory settings" method Arlo Go using special QR code on their website.
Once reset I managed to re-attach my Go device by using the QR code via my Arlo app.
Issue now understood. I didn't understand claiming terminology, where i was not using reset to factory first then reclaiming via my app.
Problem resolved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Peterjgale

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Peterjgale
Aspirant
Aspirant
I contacted support. They explained the "Reset to factory settings" method Arlo Go using special QR code on their website.
Once reset I managed to re-attach my Go device by using the QR code via my Arlo app.
Issue now understood. I didn't understand claiming terminology, where i was not using reset to factory first then reclaiming via my app.
Problem resolved.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thats great news!

Let us know if you have any other questions & we will be here to help.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation