Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Wireless Plans

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TylerS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got my Arlo Go up in a rural area yesterday morning, seems to work fine, live feed works fine. This morning I glanced at it and got a notification that I've used 86% of my monthly data (in 24 hours). I have done the live feed a few times for 15-30 seconds at a time while trying to get it dialed in, and I'm alreday out of data. For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to select or buy a bigger data plan. I thought I was buying a Verizon camera on Amazon, but I'm pretty sure that's not what I got. I'm okay with whatever it is, but right now, I can't get more data. I assume I can get an unlimited data plan, but can't find that either on the app or on the computer dashboard. 

Is there any way to add a few more cameras without each one needing its own data plan? They are kept in an area without power or wifi. 

2 REPLIES 2
TylerS
Aspirant
Aspirant

To clarify, I'm trying to be able to view the live feed more without worrying about data. I see the "purchase minutes" thing, but I'm not looking for recording capacity, I'm wanting to be able to live feed it quite a bit. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

TylerS,

Because this camera is utilizing a Mobile Carrier & the cloud, it will use data regardless of live viewing & recording events. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation