Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Stuck In Night Vision

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
eg77777
Follower
Follower

Got my new Verizon Arlo Go setup in the woods. The promo videos show nice images of wildlife in full color. Mine seems to be stuck in Balck and White Night mode. Even if Night Vision slider is turned off in Settings, the picture remains black and white. There are exceptions!!! The snapshot/thumbnail of the live feed is sometimes in full color. When motion is detected and the video is recorded, the first split second is in full color, then quickly changes to B&W. I called support, they had me reset the camera, power cycle it, even de-register and register again. The interesting thing is that when I brought the camera inside, it showed full color. Even as I walked towards the car, it was in full color. While driving back, the camera was sitting on the passenger seat and streaming/recording in full color. When I got it all reset and re-configured and mounted back in the woods, it's in B&W. Yes, it's a bit shady there; there are plenty of trees; it was overcast today, but it's not dark by any means! I am testing in broad daylight.

Did I really get a lemon and should get it exchanged? 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We don't know what the threshold is for switching to night vision. "A bit shady" may be enough. Swapping is always a possibility but...

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation