Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have just connected a solar panel to my camera, but am getting this message up, Incompatible charger has been detected. Connect a compatible Arlo charger. For more info see KB article for charging faults.
The solar panel is an Arlo product. Any help gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There can be various reasons including faulty equipment but a common issuee is moisture in one or both of the connectors. Has either the panel or camera been exposed to rain or other moisture recently? Have you take the pain and care to ensure that both ends of the cable are well and truly seated? Did the error pop up immediately or later on? What happens if you use the wall charger?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There can be various reasons including faulty equipment but a common issuee is moisture in one or both of the connectors. Has either the panel or camera been exposed to rain or other moisture recently? Have you take the pain and care to ensure that both ends of the cable are well and truly seated? Did the error pop up immediately or later on? What happens if you use the wall charger?

Sjmob
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem now with a replacement cable from Arlo for one that was cut and the panel had worked fine. Everything has been in covered area for days now and plug in charger works fine but still get that same message when I now use the solar panel.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the wall charger is working, that implies the camera connector is likely fine. I would bring the panel and cable indoors for at least a day and remove the cable from the panel to ensure that all connectors are completely dry before reassembling. When plugging the cable in, take great pains to ensure the cable is fully seated so the seal is complete. You need to take great pains since it is a great pain.

Zwierzak
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo go solar panel charger has a problem of waterproofing as stated by producer it should be ip64 but in my opinion and after tasted 3 of them are all the same and showing problem and insertion angle of the connector behind the camera arlo go.. which in my opinion is causing the improper watertightness of the device! The plug and connections surfaces are clearly has visible oxidations ! Changed ones already but soon we are going to have another period of the wet weather?! Hope will not happens anymore!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have dry connectors and the system is working properly, you can try manually sealing it on the outside with an appropriate tape and/or sealant. Not desirable but should allow the panel to keep the battery charged.

Others have used dielectric grease on the seal to try to fill in any possible gaps when plugging in, too.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation