Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Solar Panel Charging Fault

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jacquie2
Follower
Follower
I have had the Arlo Go from Verizon for about a year. Last June I purchased the Solar Panel (VMA4600). It worked well for a long time but now every time I plug the solar panel into the camera I get the error message "a charging fault has been detected." The message goes away when I unplug the solar panel and pull the battery out for a minute before putting it back in. If I plug the solar panel in the message comes back. The camera works fine when I bring it inside to charge it using the wall plug. I have been now using it outside not plugged into anything without any problems but would love to be able to use the solar panel again. Any ideas on how to fix this?
2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@Jacquie2,

Have you tried to look to see if there are any bent pins inside the solar panel connectore? Also, you might want to try to clean the connectors with a toothpick and a little bit of alcohol.

Brian

bogie1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had this issue last year. I took the Arlo Go and solar panel inside for a couple of days and disconnected it. Fully charged Arlo Go on mains.  Ensured that the connectors were dryed out over night.

Then I got some dielectric grease and put it on the solar panel connector before re-inserting into the Arlo Go. Its been fine since.

I think some damp got into the connector and its very sensitive in reporting charge errors 😞

cheers

bogie
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation