Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
IPSurveillance
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need to be able to remotely playback from the Arlo go's local SD card storage because the camera is in a busy location so constantly uploading to the cloud is using up my data and I don't want to drive down 2 hours to a remote location to physically take out the SD card to playback video, and also I would like to play back more than 7 days for free remotely from my SD card, the competition the reolink go cost half the price and has the option of cloud and SD card remote playback I'm not expecting when I pay double to not have a very important feature because they want to sell you a subscription

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you remotely play back from the SD card, won't that hit your data usage, too?

Arlo is designed around cloud storage. No way around it, especially with a Go camera.

IPSurveillance
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have it at a busy location it records about 400 events a day I only playback when I get a complaint or something was supposed to be delivered at a construction site that's a fraction of the data used  from uploading every single clip, there's no reason I should have to drive down 2 hours and physically take out the SD card to play it back or buy very expensive data plants the Arlo go is designed for remote locations and this feature is really important and it's a deal-breaker for me

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

But how would you know whether there's a clip to watch and which one it is without a lot of data usage?

I agree that this sounds like a poor fit for your usage.

IPSurveillance
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only playback when I get a complaint or something was supposed to be delivered at a construction site that's a fraction of the data used  from uploading every single clip of 400 a day I don't see why they shouldn't implement this feature it's a very poor use of the SD card for a camera that's designed for remote locations if the reolink go can do this feature for half the price I don't see why not why shouldn't I have this choice unless they want to push their subscription on me and make my data plan prices through the roof, I install cameras for a living every camera I've seen with the SD card can be played back remotely

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation