Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

This morning the Arlo Go was working fine, got to the remote location and wanted to reposition it, so I used the camera positioning in Utilities using my Smartphone, but it would not connect, then I tried Live and I get a message that my min. are used up again.  but in the morning using are computer the min. showed 20 min. used of 120.   So I just do not know what is going on here. 

I tried doing a reset but that did not work either, so now once again I have had to bring the camera home to try and get it back on line with our home computer.

This is all extremely disappointing, for a camera meant for security and a system that is supposed to give operation without any wires or internet requirements - there is so much more problematic down time.   As I've said before, the camera works beautifully - WHEN IT WORKS!!

3 REPLIES 3
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

After 45 min. on the phone with Tech Support, during which I was told to Google the reset instructions and another 45 min. Chat session, my Arlo Go is back on line.   This is the first time, in all the many times in a phone call with Tech Support I was told to Google the reset instructions - which by the way did not work.

A big problem is that Tech Support still has on file the two previous camera's that were exchanged, and there never sure which one I am calling about, in fact I was asked today if all 3 camera's were off line.

There should be an online option to allow an account holder to start-up a new plan after a reset is done, being that it's the customer that has to do the reset = doing so is only half the problem if there is no active plan on the account.

dederave
Aspirant
Aspirant

No service for weeks and I lost a cat the day ARLO abruptly shut down. I had ARLO for years, no problems and when I did have an issue I just called them. They had me buy a subscription and then I had great service for a month...then ARLO completely shut down. First they said it was my subscription, then the SIM card, then Verizon. Hours on the phone back and forth. The customer service person will keep saying "I am sorry for the inconvenience" and read from a script. Basically after being jerked around for weeks and months, I have no service. I have to return both cameras (Verizon sent a new one, same problems) and cancel the contract. Very attractive cameras, no cords but to lose your camera unexpectedly isn't fun. THE WORST EXPERIENCE AND SO TIME CONSUMING. 

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

WOW - it's nice to have company, but this situation with ARLO is disgusting - and to add insult to injury, it's supposed to be a security camera & system!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation