Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Noise Interference with power and live view

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rogf7191
Follower
Follower

Hello -

I saw the post "Arlo Pro Camera having an interference noise" and was glad to see I wasn't the only one with this strange noise. I have a question becuase my camera isn't accessible to me, but I have been getting the interference noise when I use live view (the camera is connected to a power source). I haven't gotten any motion triggered videos to check if they have the interference noise as well.

My question is, when I am looking at live view and I hear the noise, is the noise just coming through the app, or is that noise also emitting from the camera itself?

Once I can retrieve my camera, I'll contact Netgear for a replacement, but until then, I want to know if it makes a noise when I check live view, or if the camera itself will make a noise when it is motion activated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
techgurumiami
Star
Star

The sound is normal when in live view. I say "normal" as this happens on my GO and Pro 2 cameras connected to Arlo solar. I have not noted any of that noise in the recordings though. It could be because the size of the units and not enough sheilding in the circuitry. I just ignore it since it is the best solution I could find in a a very remote location. It may or may not get fixed to eliniminate it when live, but I deal with it. Its subjective.

@rogf7191 wrote:

Hello -

I saw the post "Arlo Pro Camera having an interference noise" and was glad to see I wasn't the only one with this strange noise. I have a question becuase my camera isn't accessible to me, but I have been getting the interference noise when I use live view (the camera is connected to a power source). I haven't gotten any motion triggered videos to check if they have the interference noise as well.

My question is, when I am looking at live view and I hear the noise, is the noise just coming through the app, or is that noise also emitting from the camera itself?

Once I can retrieve my camera, I'll contact Netgear for a replacement, but until then, I want to know if it makes a noise when I check live view, or if the camera itself will make a noise when it is motion activated.

Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation