Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Australia
Follower
Follower

Will it be possible to use other SIM cards than AT&T for use in e.g. Australia to avoid roaming charges. I believe this query also relates to the use of other operators' SIM cards in the U.S. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Currently, Arlo Go requires an AT&T plan and domestic data coverage. For more information on where Arlo can be used, see here: Where can I use an Arlo Go camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Australia wrote:

Will it be possible to use other SIM cards than AT&T for use in e.g. Australia to avoid roaming charges. I believe this query also relates to the use of other operators' SIM cards in the U.S. 

I would think that the GO being a GSM data modem, should have no problem using another countries sim card for GSM data....just like a phone.

Of course if the cell modem isn't locked ...but then this is all a guess as it's not released yet.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Currently, Arlo Go requires an AT&T plan and domestic data coverage. For more information on where Arlo can be used, see here: Where can I use an Arlo Go camera?

JamesC

Harossi
Guide
Guide

Quick answer: Yes it works outside of the US

Hi there,

I just purchased from the US the camera Arlo Go a few days ago. I am currently in Greece and after switching the SIM card (micro) to a Greek one and by setting off the PIN, the camera works fine. So, if you can get one, do it and by replacing the AT&T SIM card with one from a local provider, you are good to go.

This is what I did:

1. Purchased a new micro SIM card from a Greek provider.

2. I installed the SIM card in my phone and set off the PIN of the SIM card.

3. I put the aforementioned SIM card in the camera (after removing the one it had by default - AT&T).

4. I downloaded the Arlo App in my iPhone and followed the directions to register the camera into my account.

5. Camera works!

I had the same worry, but I can confirm that it works without any issues at all. Even at low signal my camera works.

I hope that you all have the same and easy experience I had.

IT-Service
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Harossi

Thanks for providing this information. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation