Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Has Erratic Solar Charging

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Vernmuller
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the camera fully charged, the percentage gradually drops over a few weeks even though the solar panel is showing a charging symbol during sunshine. I keep the camera off excpet for when i want to look at a live picture every couple of days. When it gets down to 0% the camera goes unresponsive. It comes back to life after a few weeks when it has charged back up to 100% then the cycle starts all over again. Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How's the signal to the cell service? If the signal is weak or intermittent, that could deplete the battery faster than normal due to trying to maintain the connection. The panel is just a trickle charger so has limited output. Of course, it could also be that something is defective. In that case, open a case with support here.

Vernmuller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whenever i check it says 3 out of 5 bars which seems good enough. Why would they supply a panel that cant keep up with the consumption. Sounds like i better put a bigger panel on it because I'm 600kms away and cant be mains charging it all the time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The signal seems good as long as it doesn't drop out for some reason. The other possibility is the amount of recording and live viewing that's being done. Battery life is spec'ed at <5 minutes per day for both - are you regularly exceeding that?

Vernmuller
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please re read the middle of my original post
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation