Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go - Getting Status......

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Here we go again.  I canceled my 120 min. monthly plan, then I re-selected it, and it is active with a new expiration date: 04/07/2020.   And the camera was working briefly, but now in LIVE mode, I'm getting a

Getting Status......... on a black screen.   I'm using Firefox 73.0.1 and I have clicking on Allow in the little movie icon in the URL bar.    Also, after I log-in I get a Timed Out message, and have to log-in again.

This is also occurring using Google Chrome and also on my Windows 10 laptop using both Fire Fox & Microsoft Edge.    I had a lenthly Chat Session, and was told I will need to be with the camera and to contact tech. support at that time.     All this has happened after following Tech. Support instructions on canceling my plan, and starting a new plan (before my current plan expires) to avoid losing service.

I was told during my chat session, that there are numerous cases on my account for this issue.   The whole reason & purchase for which I purchased this camera was to be able to operate it, renew the monthly plan, & maintain it from a remote location - without having to be at the camera.   This has now happened every month for nearly 1 year.

LIVE is working on my Smartphone with the Arlo App.!!

3 REPLIES 3
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

LIVE, is still not working: Getting Status.........     However, I am getting Arlo Activity Notifications in my email, BUT:  When I click on the link a just get a black window, I have to open a second window (from the same link) to get the activity video to play.

As far as the LIVE is concerned, I have tried 3 different browsers:  Firefox, Chrome & Safari.  I have tried both our Mac desktop as well as our Laptop (Windows 10).  I have checked & re-check to be sure the Adobe Video is active & unblocked.   I have cleaned the cache, history & cookies.    BUT, still getting: Getting Status.      Even more strange, with my Samsung Smartphone 4.4.2 using the New Arlo App.  LIVE is working.    The above started happening on 3/6, after I canceled & then re-started my 120 Min. monthly plan.

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

UPDATE:  Here at our remote location, with our Windows 10 laptop.   

1) I removed the battery and disconnected the AC Power adaptor.

2) I put the battery back in.

3) I canceled the 120 min. plan & removed the camera from the plan

4) After resetting the camera, I added it back to the plan, and started a new 120 Min. monthly plan, but the expiration date is 04/07 - even though today is 3/8.

5) LIVE:  I'm still getting, Getting Status..... on the laptop, but on the Smartphone LIVE is working.

6)  I am getting still pictures into the library, but know video.

The camera also used up 120 min in just 2-days, by spitting out hundreds of still pictures during the previous set-up process on 04/06.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?  I already have numerous cases ongoing with Tech. Support.

If it were not for the high cost of the camera,  I would look for another service.   

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Under Settings, it does not show the minutes used - it used to!!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation