Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lemmke
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Go - VML4030-100NAS on AT&T Sim card

Have been using this camera for years without major issues.

Camera battery drained with normal usage and went offline

• Camera was inaccessible, so it was about 2 weeks before I was able to replace battery
  • When I replaced the battery, camera resumed working as normal and worked for about three days before it went offline again, this time unexpectedly, as the normal usage on the battery should have lasted much longer
  • When I replaced the battery again with another fully charged battery, camera's blue light came on but the camera did not become active online again
  • I removed the camera from  my account in the app with the intent to reset and add it back to my account
  • When I tried to add the camera back to the app again, the blue light would come on and blink slowly but I am not able to complete the rest of the steps
    • When I press the reset/shutter button, the "shutter click" noise does not happen, and there's no sound and the blue light continues to blink slowly
    • When I press the reset/shutter button and the shutter click noise occurs (which happens rarely, and unpredictably) and I progress to the next screen to try to scan the QR code, nothing happens. There is no chime or response to the QR code
      • I have tried the QR code as a picture, on my ipad, on my laptop, in all kinds of lighting and different distances - nothing works
  • Troubleshooting steps taken with the camera
    • I have tried multiple different Arlo brand charged batteries
    • I have tried it with the camera plugged in by the cable with the battery in it
    • I have tried it with the camera plugged in by the cable without the battery
    • I tried switching the Sim card with the one in my current working camera (Back), the Sim card did work in that camera, and that camera's Sim card did not work in the offline camera.

My camera does not chime, the shutter rarely clicks, I can't get the light to change to amber by holding down the reset button. My Sim card and AT&T account have not changed. My other Arlo Go camera continues to work.

4 REPLIES 4
Lemmke
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS  Could you please advise on this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Lemmke 

I have escalated this for you and Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

Lemmke
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneSThank you. I did open a ticket myself, and they provided me with troubleshooting steps I had already performed, as well as non-applicable ones, then said there was nothing they could do and offered me a discount on a new purchase. 😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Lemmke 

Thank you for the update. If there is anything I can assist with in the future, please let me know and I will be here to help. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation