Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

When I log into my Arlo Account with my Mac Desktop, the camera is in the ON position and working.  However when I use my Android Arlo App. I get a message saying offline - but, yet I get emails with activity video and I am unable to access any of the camera control via the Arlo App. with the Android, this is now causing over usage and using up my monthly plan causing me to renew the plan to soon - this is getting to be costly.

9 REPLIES 9
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Now, once again the ON/OFF control is missing from my account device page.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I spoke with them a few weeks ago when this issue first started - I was informed of a firmware update that was still in progress.  But, that was about 3-weeks ago and the issue is still occuring.   I have been powering the Go camera with just the AC Adaptor (no battery installed), so this is no bad battery involved. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is the on/off feature missing on the web & mobile app? is it possible to take a screenshot when this occurs? 

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

I spoke with Tech Support today, I was informed that since the Firmware update, they have getting many calls about the same issue I'm having, and they have been sending out new Go cameras with new SIM cards,  the old camera must be returned within 10-days after the new (replacement) arrives.   A return label is suppossed to be included.

I asked why this was not done a month ago when I called with the same issue, and if this is a known issue, why group emails or notifications via accounts are'nt being done - so as to alert customers to call-in and make a report.

They are sending the replacement via Fed Ex Overnight.

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Well, as of this writing 17:49, the new SIM card has been delivered but no new (replacement) Go.

So, I called back tech. support and was informed that the warehouse had the new (replacement) Go being preparred to ship.   I was infonformed yesterday that both the replacement Go & new SIM would be shipped overnight and would arrive today.   So, now I'm informed that they have no control over there ware house.

It would seem that they have no control over keeping there system upgraded with causing there customers much down time.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @sahnyc

Do you have a case number or RMA number regarding this conversation with support? Can you PM me your Admin account email you used with support.

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

The replacement Go with another SIM arrived today - But, when  I set it up, it asked me which plan I wanted - there was know option to continue with the same 120 min. plan that was in use with the old Go.

I again called Tech. support, and was informed that because it was a new camera I needed to get a new plan.  This enraged me and for the next 45 + min. I went back & fourth with them letting them know that the situation was turning into a SCAM.  They changed the firmware causing munitple customers Go's to be badly effected, they send out replacement Go's with new SIMS and then try to make them buy a new plan, this is just wrong.  I let them know that I had already purchased the 120 min. plan twice in the last month as a result of the camera getting disconnected due to there system failure.  Well after I stood my ground the Tech support contacted billing and then came back to me informing me I would get a refund on my credit card for the last 120 min. plan I purchased (I will be looking for the refund).

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

So, they sent me a new Go which required a Firmware update which I think I did in Set-Up.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation