Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Giuvilas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have a very specific scenario. I need a camera in my garage looking at my motorcycle. The garage has a high traffic of people going in and out as the garbage bins are accessed via the garage. I have no power or WiFi, hence the Arlo Go is my only option. I have notion and vibration sensors on the motorcycle that alerts me if anything is detected, but I'd like to be able to see when I get those alerts. This would mean I'd want to leave all the camera features off (motion, recording etc) but I'd want to be able to access the camera feed remotely anytime if I get an alert. To make sure I know if it's a false alarm or not. Is this possible? If yes, what battery life I can expect with a medium signal strength and temperature that rarely go below 10 Celsius?

Many thanks
Vito

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you have good cell signal and you don't live view a lot (<5 minutes per day) the battery should last a reasonable amount of time (the camera description doesn't list a time given the wide variety of conditions these cameras can face). YMMV.

Giuvilas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks. I’m planning not to view at all, if anything like 5 minutes a week. When you say a reasonable amount of time, do you mean weeks or months? 

thanks again 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Because of the variables, especially in the cell signal strength and quality, I can't say for sure. I'd guess months but only actual use would give you an answer.

Giuvilas
Aspirant
Aspirant

amazing thanks, do you get a notification when the battery is low? thanks again

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you do at ~15%. Monitoring it in the app or web client is still suggested.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation