Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
moneymoe
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Go 2018 Model: VML4030, Carrier Verizon Wireless. I cant get the firmware info as I cannot access the cameras settings, but its as recent as of July 2022.

I had this camera on my account for a year or two with minimal problems. But recently it would work for a few hours then go offline, and I would have to take the battery out (Full battery charge) and replace it to reset it. Now the most recent time I reset it, it was working again for a couple hours, went offline and now wont connect to any LTE signal, I even took it for a drive to see if it was just my area and no signal still. I decided to remove it from my account and re add it.

But now when the camera starts, it goes right to a blinking blue light only and stays like that. And when I press the Sync button, it does nothing, no sounds. I have to replace the battery, then quickly press the Sync button to get the Shutter sound. And when aiming at the QR code, it doesn't want to scan the code.

I've tried in many different types of lighting, different angles, distances, slowly moving the camera around the QR code, different devices, and still nothing, no Chime sound like normal, not even the fail to sync error sound.

Now I figured it may be my carrier, but I checked with them and they say my account looks normal and is up to date.

I really have no more ideas on how I can troubleshoot this device, maybe a different sim card or something or maybe the device is faulty. If I forgot any info let me know and ill see what I can do, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try factory resetting the camera using the instructions listed in the following article: https://kb.arlo.com/1202749/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Go-camera-to-factory-default-settings

After the factory reset is complete, try onboarding again (be sure the battery is charged before starting), do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

moneymoe
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply @JamesC 

So I tried the troubleshooting step you recommended and my camera still wont scan it, I've tried multiple angles, different monitors, phone, and lighting.

Every time I remove and replace the battery, the camera automatically will just show a blinking blue light, and will stay like that for hours.

I want to add that I figured maybe it wont scan because of the data connection. So I got the sim card replaced/activated, and it still doesn't scan any QR code.

Shuff05
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue and I’ve tried everything under the sun to no avail.
moneymoe
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry for the late response,

No unfortunately, at this point I have no other troubleshooting options I can do. At this point this thing just doesn't work/wont sync and am looking for a new camera, probably not Arlo again.

Too many issues with connection reliability, not to mention this issue I'm having now.

I wish there was a more better way to really reset the Arlo Go besides just "power cycling" or scanning a code (which if the camera wont scan, then your out of luck).

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation