Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
clintola1
Tutor
Tutor

I have a large number of people that have grant access to my Arlo Go cameras. The people designated to receive email notifications are receiving them just fine, but the people only designated to receive push notifications aren't receiving them consistently or at all.

Before we go down this road, I have two modes set up (one for each camera) and both push and email notifications are checked and all variations of smart notifications are checked. I am using the grant access myself on an iPhone (iOS 12.1) and the notifications settings in the iPhone for the Arlo are all set to make sure I receive notifications from Arlo.

At this time I will go to bed and wake up the next morning and check the iPhone and not see any notifications, but if I check the app I will see there are multiple recordings.

I never log out of the Arlo app on my iPhone, but I know if I do log out I won't receive any Arlo notifications. Will the app automatically log me out making it so I won't receive any notifications or is this a system glitch?

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to remove & re-install the app/What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you running? Can you clear the cache & test again.

quanluong
Aspirant
Aspirant

clintola1
Tutor
Tutor
I have done the uninstall / reinstall method. The version of the app is 2.6.3 released on November 23rd 2018.

I have not cleared the cache because it is happening on multiple devices. I'm actually finding I have the app open on my iPhone then I swipe off of the app and go to another app on the iPhone without logging out and after a while the Arlo app will just log me out automatically and I won't receive notifications anymore. I know I'm logged out because when I go back into the app it is requesting fingerprint to unlock it and in the background I can see it is waiting to sign in.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@clintola1 wrote:
I have done the uninstall / reinstall method. The version of the app is 2.6.3 released on November 23rd 2018.

I have not cleared the cache because it is happening on multiple devices. I'm actually finding I have the app open on my iPhone then I swipe off of the app and go to another app on the iPhone without logging out and after a while the Arlo app will just log me out automatically and I won't receive notifications anymore. I know I'm logged out because when I go back into the app it is requesting fingerprint to unlock it and in the background I can see it is waiting to sign in.

If you use the same account on multiple devices, you will be logged out of any other devices when you log into any one of them.   I have a separate account for my iPhone and my iPad precisely for this reason.  I dont' know why Arlo forces the logout.  Is it because they think we only own one device or they failed to architect the system such that it could accomodate multiple logins for some reason.  This is the ONLY camera system I have that appears to do this. Nest, Axis, Logitech Circle, NetAtmo Welcome...all allow me to access my cameras from multiple devices logged into the same account at exactly the same time.

clintola1
Tutor
Tutor

@AncientGeek wrote:

@clintola1 wrote:

If you use the same account on multiple devices, you will be logged out of any other devices when you log into any one of them.   I have a separate account for my iPhone and my iPad precisely for this reason.  I dont' know why Arlo forces the logout.  Is it because they think we only own one device or they failed to architect the system such that it could accomodate multiple logins for some reason.  This is the ONLY camera system I have that appears to do this. Nest, Axis, Logitech Circle, NetAtmo Welcome...all allow me to access my cameras from multiple devices logged into the same account at exactly the same time.

I am aware Arlo only lets me log into the same account on one device at a time, but in this instance I am not logged into that account anywhere else. I have the main account for my system on one phone and a "grant access" account for the same system on another phone so there shouldn't be any conflict. I'm actually thinking this is a glitch in their system. I find the app on the iphone specifically has a tendency to get stale despite not logging out. I then access the app and it makes me log in, despite never having logged out before or accessing that account on another device. When this happens the app will no longer do push notifications. It's quite frustrating and inconsistent and I've found other posts talking about this same thing. I have both the Arlo Pro 2 and the Arlo Go system and I seem to only be experiencing it on the Arlo Go.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero
I have my devices set up the same way. One account for each and shared access from one to the other.

I just opened the Arlo app and confirmed that it signed me in even though, like you, I had not signed out.

If your Pro2 and Go are owned by the same account and both shared the same way, that seems really odd. One would hope the code for notifications was identical if not explicitly shared between the two platforms.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation