Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jwidman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased an Arlo Go. I signed up for the monitoring.  Does that mean I can go and check what was going on at a certain time of day and how do I do it?  I believe it stores info for three months.  Does that mean three months of continuous monitoring?  Thanks for any info.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jwidman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

That makes sense.  Of course the batteries would run out. I need to get this mounted where it will pick up motion.  So, I would have to go with a commercial security company to get 24 hr, a day monitoring or something that plugs in to the electricity.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes... you can either use the app on ios or android OR PC via web browser ( https://arlo.netgear.com/ ) at any time to look LIVE at what is going on ( of course data mins apply ).

OR if you ARM the Go and it detects motion, then the camera will record ( amount of time is adjustable ) and the video will appear in the Library for that date.

3 months of monitoring is NOT 24/7 but only recorded videos in the library, the 3 months is a rolling amount.... day 1 recordings are auto deleted when yoou hit the 3 months + 1 day....2nd day gone at 3 months + 2 days , etc

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jwidman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are these the videos that I record?  So, it isn't really recording 24/7 only when I press record.  So, you cannot go back and look at what was going on at 7:30P.M. unless one actually recorded it.  However, I can look, let's say while at work at 2:00P.M. to see what is going on in my back yard.  How can one record 24/7 in case there is a break in?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

However, I can look, let's say while at work at 2:00P.M. to see what is going on in my back yard.

Yes

How can one record 24/7 in case there is a break in?

You Don't.... But what you do is ARM the camera in the mode section...when the camera is ARMED and it sees motion, it will automaticly start to record from the time set ( up to 2 mins )... ( then it resets and if motions continues it will record again, etc )

So you don't record 24/7 but ARM the camera for 24/7 to detect motion then record.

*** think of motion activated flood lights...they are off but looking for motion, when they see motion they turn on the flood lights ***

Remeber these are on batteries so recordin all thetime would deplete the battery in a very short time.

Morse is faster than texting!
jwidman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

That makes sense.  Of course the batteries would run out. I need to get this mounted where it will pick up motion.  So, I would have to go with a commercial security company to get 24 hr, a day monitoring or something that plugs in to the electricity.  Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation