Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Activating Multiple Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kwhiffin
Star
Star

I have had 6 arlo Pro 2 cameras running perfectly for about 2 months.  No issues at all with activating, configuring, etc...

I also have 2 arlo security lights installed working perfectly.  So I can control all 8 devices thru app and web with no issues. 

I just bought an arlo GO, and I tried to add it thru the app.  I  was able to add it, but I got a message i now need to subscribe to a smartPlan.  So I attempted to subscribe to the premier plan, and ran into issues.  It says the multiple camera plan only supports 5 cameras,   The remaining two cameras can be added individually.  So I attempted to subscribe to the plan.  I can not subscribe, but now I only have 5 active PRO2 cameras.  I can not activate my 6th PRO2 and the GO cameras.  The software will not let me activate these cameras, nor complete the subscription to a "paid" arlo smart plan.

So in trying to add the 7th camera I have lost access to one of my PRO2s and the GO will not activate.  Support has no idea what is going on.  To me it seems like their software can not handle advanced configurations.  All I do is get the run around from support.  This seems like a major bug if they can't support all their hardware. 

So to summarize, I am trying to configure 6 Pro2 cameras and a GO camera, in addition to two security lights.  I had 6 PRO2s and 2 lights working perfectly until trying to add the GO two days ago.  And I had the 6 cams and 2 lights working without having to update my "plan". 

Has anyone run into anything like this?  Like I said support has no clue.  

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @kwhiffin

I have escalated your case and Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

kmunier
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't activate cameras either. They were working just fine and now I can't.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @kmunier

Can you provide a little more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing?

Is this with the Arlo Go as well?

kmunier
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry its not the go.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation