Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO GO trying to sort out of the multiple video recordings

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DevonG
Follower
Follower

I am struggling to sort out the multiple video recordings from my Arlo Go. While looking at the web page with the videos, they are clearly listed as the latest recording first rather than listed in a sequential order from the first recording being the first video shown. The video files when downloaded dont seem to keep the date and time meta data and instead are given numbers like 1552958125212_mpeg4 instead of information that can be sorted into dates and times like 20190319163015.... This is obviously shows Year, month, date, and 2400 time to the second. Why can't it be simple to use Windows to sort out the videos. Is it possible that Netgear can provide options to how your file name preferences are? When ever I need to process the video with SuperDVDate, ALL the META DATA has been changed to the actual time the specific file was downloaded. So I then need to manually check and adjust each video file so that when processed, the time and date match the exact time and date as shown on the web page file.... Not that this shows the seconds....as it is only accurate to the minute. This is still very clunky and is a source of frustration that the specific date and time is not already embedded into the video file based on the actual location of the video camera. Surely it should not be this hard...?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The long number in the filename is simply the epoch time, meaning the number of seconds since Jan. 1, 1970, a widely used time system. You can easily convert it using one of many epoch time converters online. I agree that a human-readable method could be used and a way to configure it yourself would be useful. I do note that the Android app (maybe iOS?) downloads with a readable filename including the camera name.

I tried downloading a video as well as checking very old videos and find the creation time is embedded properly in the file with the surprising exception of the Q cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation