Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO GO - Setting a rule, motion detected on camera A, record on camera A & B - is this possible?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FOLKL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using Arlo Go cameras to analyse a pedestrian crossing.

When motion or sound is detected on A, I want both camera A and B to start recording.

It seems this type of rule set up is possible on other Arlo cameras, but not the Go?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect the issue is that the Go (and Q) cameras are unto themselves so can't be cross-triggered as you need. I don't have 2 of either so can't test but when you create a rule for one camera you can't use Add Device when editing that rule for the other camera on your account?

FOLKL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @jguerdat for the reply.

I tried adding a further device when setting the rules in the mode creation but it wouldn't allow me to add another camera.

This would be a extremely useful feature when using multiple Arlo Go's to cover one area. Hopefully the development team would look into this?

FOLKL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat Have received a response from Arlo who state "Custom mode should work with your Arlo Go cameras.
Please make sure your 2nd Go camera mode should be Armed as well."

Certainly isn't working in practise. 

FOLKL
Aspirant
Aspirant

additional screen grab:

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on support's reply and your screenshots, it would appear that you need to continue to create the mode, choose a camera to start with and then use Add Device when you get to the summary page to also trigger the second camera. That's how you would add the ability to cross-trigger. If no other device is shown then it isn't possible.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation