Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO GO. Is there anyway to lock this on the post/tree?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mouchat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need this for farm gates that seems to disappear as fast as new ones are put up. I'm sure the camera

will disappear too if I can't lock it on.  THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ambersletterbox
Guide
Guide

mouchat we are in the same rural boat. We made an anti-theft device from a breaker box, removed the guts from it, mounted a piece of wood in the bottom and mounted the camera mount to the wood. We drilled the box into the tree from the inside. We painted the box dark matte brown and since I slipped on ordering a silicon skin, covered the visible camera parts with matte black duct tape (we've gone all privates ops on this). The box has a padlock but we also popped out the two circles on the sides and added a loop hole in the front - fed a Python cable lock through it, which is also wrapped around the tree. Extra holes had to be cut on each side and the top of the box to help with signal issues; and we intentionally left the metal in those cut areas very rough and jagged. It's also placed up high in the tree and has a game cam pointed at it as well. Although we have it insured with Verizon (deductable, of course) it's not easy to steal it right now (it's equally not easy for us to get to to maintain [change the battery, etc., sigh).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
You will just have to get creative. They dont make anything specifically for it. I have mine in a metal cage under the eaves of my house. Its a light guard that i had to cut and make it work. Got it at home depot. Yes it can still be stolen but you would need a ladder and a drill to unscrew it. Also have another camera opposite of it and its triggered to record by the first one so at least if they steal it it will be on video. Try mounting it high as well. Usually thieves go to places where its easy. My guess is they will move on if there being watched. I had kids vandalizing my mailbox and once i caught them on video it Never happened again
mouchat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. We live across the river from where it will be, and it will be 1/4 from that side besides. The 2 camera deal sounds good!!!

ambersletterbox
Guide
Guide

mouchat we are in the same rural boat. We made an anti-theft device from a breaker box, removed the guts from it, mounted a piece of wood in the bottom and mounted the camera mount to the wood. We drilled the box into the tree from the inside. We painted the box dark matte brown and since I slipped on ordering a silicon skin, covered the visible camera parts with matte black duct tape (we've gone all privates ops on this). The box has a padlock but we also popped out the two circles on the sides and added a loop hole in the front - fed a Python cable lock through it, which is also wrapped around the tree. Extra holes had to be cut on each side and the top of the box to help with signal issues; and we intentionally left the metal in those cut areas very rough and jagged. It's also placed up high in the tree and has a game cam pointed at it as well. Although we have it insured with Verizon (deductable, of course) it's not easy to steal it right now (it's equally not easy for us to get to to maintain [change the battery, etc., sigh).

mouchat
Aspirant
Aspirant

THANKS !  We have lots of breaker boxes that are obsolete so that is a great idea. We have the solar panel too,

so it will go up HIGH so it will take a monkey or a gun to get it. 

Mouchat

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation