Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to complete the installation of my Go 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BSanders38
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 cameras - 4 have worked perfectly and the 5th will not complete the set up no matter what I do.  It gets all the way to where you set the position of the camera and it never gives me a picture and that is as far as it goes.  I have removed it and reset the camera, changed the SIMS card and still unable to get it to add.  Please advise the solution as 4 were easy and this one has be impossible.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BSanders38,

Consider factory resetting the camera as detailed on page 71 here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/pdf/Arlov4SupportDocs/ArloGo2/202-50035-01_Arlo_Go2_UM_29sep2021.p...

After the reset is complete, try onboarding again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

BSanders38
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have reset the camera multiple times last night and I still get the same issue.  It makes it thru 90% of the install and when it gets to the part where you need to adjust your camera and it shows the first feed from the camera - it never shows the feed from the camera and it just spins.  I have reset, deleted from app and removed battery and sims card and it is still the same result

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Given you have other Arlo Go 2 cameras that are active and the troubleshooting steps you described taking, it would seem this could be a defective unit. If the camera is still under warranty or within return/exchange period I encourage you to contact the original place of purchase and request an exchange or reach out to support within the Arlo Secure app under Settings > Support to investigate further.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation