Solat panel not charging

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Davisabs
Follower
Follower

So I have a new Arlo go 2 camera on my boat.  I previously had an Arlo go and a solar panel for that.  Since upgrading to to Arlo go 2 and the solar panel the battery Is not keeping up.  I have the quality of video at a minimum, the sensitivity down to 10% from 100% on the original Go camera I had.  I have the zones down to a tiny sliver of what I had on the previous camera.  I would get 50-100 10 sec videos on the previous camera and never lose the battery.  Now the go 2 is set at a ridiculous low setting across the board, but the battery dies within two days.  Excited same location as old camera with a 10th of the previous quality, what gives.  I'm about to return the camera and solar panel.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using zones still requires a recording so the servers can decide whether to discard the video. Disable zones to get a true measure of recordings. SHould be <5 minutes per day total.

What happens to the battery if you disconnect the solar panel? There have been various reports here where connecting a panel causes the battery not deplete.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation