Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Poor solar panel charging. My Arlo Go 2 3G/4G SIM Outdoor Security Camera battery does not last

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
daroston
Aspirant
Aspirant

Poor solar panel charging. My Arlo Go 2 3G/4G SIM Outdoor Security Camera battery does not last more than a week even though it is connected to a solar panel.

Every time this camera goes offline I have to remove the camera to bring in to my office to recharge it which time consuming. I can not find a charger to charge a spare battery which would save having to remove the camera each time it needs recharging. I could then just change the battery without have to remove it. Also the Arlo website is very poor when I need help - it just sends you round in circles without the opportunity to email for help.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @daroston 

Is this battery drain a recent issue?

Also, I have provided a link to the battery charger for this devices battery below.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5400C-100NAS.html

daroston
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not resolved. The support website is confusing. It tells me that the charger I have that takes two sizes of battery should also take the Arlo Go2 battery but it does not. I sent photos to prove this. He insists that the charger I have is not an Arlo one and that the battery is not an Arlo one but it fits the Arlo Go2 camera so it is the same as the battery that came with the camera. Your charger link states it is for an Arlo Go2 battery but looks similar to the one I have. Searching for a suitable charger on the Arlo website it only has one but with a battery and it looks completely different to your link. I only need a charger because I already have the batteries. This whole process is a headache. It is not practical to have to remove the camera from its remote position and bring it to a mains socket to charge it in the camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@daroston wrote:

He insists that the charger I have is not an Arlo one 

Does it say "Arlo" on the side (like the one in the picture)?

VMA5400C-100NAS.png

@daroston wrote:

and that the battery is not an Arlo one but it fits the Arlo Go2 camera so it is the same as the battery that came with the camera. 

Some posters here have found that third-party batteries and chargers work for them, others have had issues.  Arlo doesn't (really can't) support third party accessories.  

@daroston wrote:

Searching for a suitable charger on the Arlo website it only has one but with a battery and it looks completely different to your link. 

Then you are looking in the wrong place.  Did you select the "Go 2" when filtering accessories?  Or did you perhaps select "Go 1"?

Neither of the Arlo charging stations includes a battery.  Neither do the cables/chargers.

Can you post a link to what you are seeing?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation