Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My.Arlo web portal has terrible live streaming, but works perfect on my mobile device

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MasoBall
Star
Star

I am using a Windows 10 pc and have tried Edge, Chrome, and Firefox but no matter the browser live streaming my Arlo Go 2 Cameras is extremely bad.

They constantly need to buffer, then will error out saying request timed out and I'll need to re click the play button, but again I am met with mostly a please wait... or just the "...." moving as it tries to buffer.

As I said it works perfectly on my phone using the app.

I have also tried on multiple pcs all with different browsers, and even different networks.

I think that the arlo web portal just simply needs fixed.  Any chance we'll see Arlo ever try and fix this?  Or is there another way I can view my Go 2 devices on my desktop?

2 REPLIES 2
MasoBall
Star
Star

Here's the error I keep getting.

Also this is an image of the "...." and the "please wait" that I am always faced with when live viewing from the my.arlo.com web portal.  

Like I said before the live stream works perfectly on my android device, but the live stream constantly struggles to play smoothly on any pc or browser.  I also tried connecting to my phone's hotspot since they connect so well to my phone, but that also did not change the behavior of the cameras on the Arlo web portal

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation