Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
CO89
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am looking for extra batteries for the Arlo Go 2 model camera. I have went through three chats on the Arlo website and one chat through the Arlo app. I was only able to actually chat with a person and get a case ID # one of those times. This was almost as pointless as the chats with the bot. Neither the bot or the person could tell me where to get these batteries. They are not the same as the batteries in the original GO models. Is there anyway to buy just the rechargeable batteries for the Go 2 model cameras?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The extended battery (originally designed for Ultra, Pro 3/4 cameras) is compatible with Arlo Go 2. You can find it here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5410-10000S.html

JamesC

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The extended battery (originally designed for Ultra, Pro 3/4 cameras) is compatible with Arlo Go 2. You can find it here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5410-10000S.html

JamesC

CO89
Aspirant
Aspirant
This link goes to the battery and camera housing kit that I spoke about in my original message. I do not need more housings I just need more batteries. These batteries are not lasting as long as advertised for us under recommended settings. Once again, do y’all have just the batteries for the Arlo Go 2 cameras available?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CO89 wrote:
This link goes to the battery and camera housing kit that I spoke about in my original message. I do not need more housings

Understood.  But at the moment, the only option is to get the kit, and discard the unneeded housing.

CO89
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you sir. That was all that I have been trying to find out.
nvrfollow
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

Assuming there is new information based on the FAQ for the Arlo Go 2 https://kb.arlo.com/000062630/Arlo-Go-2-LTE-WiFi-Security-Camera-FAQs

shows this item number for the spare battery: VMA5420-10000S
If I search for this product I can't find it on the website.  I receive these 2 results:

Arlo XL Rechargeable Battery & Housing Item No. VMA5410-10000S

Rechargeable Battery – Ultra, Pro 3, Pro 4 Item No. VMA5400-10000S

1) Can someone confirm that either of these will actually fit my Go 2?

2) How can you sell a battery operated camera where finding backup batteries is this hard to find?

Thanks,

Melanie

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The XL batteries are the same and will work fine.

nvrfollow
Tutor
Tutor

Stupid question, but how do I charge either of these:

Other replacement batteries have a charging dock of some sort.  

Thanks,

M

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nvrfollow,

The battery should be charged within the camera or with the charging dock accessory shown here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5400C-100NAS.html

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nvrfollow wrote:

Stupid question, but how do I charge either of these:

Other replacement batteries have a charging dock of some sort.  

To be clear - the VMA5400-10000S won't work with the Go 2.  It's too short.

But both of these batteries can be charged with the VMA5400C-100NAS charger.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA5400C-100NAS.html

nvrfollow
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the confirmation. 

Any thoughts about updating the website so the information is available and we don't have to find the answers on the community vs just on the website?  I had 2-3 chat sessions with support on the Arlo site to try to figure out what battery to use and ultimately they didn't know the answer and I found it on this string.  And the FAQ for the Go 2 shows a replacement battery that doesn't exist on the website, which is also problematic.  I spent way too much time trying to find out what model battery to buy for a battery operated camera. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nvrfollow,

I appreciate the feedback. I will follow up with the web team and request more clarification with this.

JamesC

nvrfollow
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.  Please let me know when this has been updated.  If you read any comments on your products you will see that I'm not the only one out there trying to find this information.

nvrfollow
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James,

I need to buy and XL battery.   I don't need another white housing for my camera.  I've already spent $43 for a black housing for my camera.  I just want a battery.  Please let me know how I can order just a battery.  I can't find it on your website or your amazon store.

Thanks.

M

nvrfollow
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, do you happen to know how or where I can just order an XL battery, I don't need a 2nd white housing.

Thanks,

M

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@nvrfollow wrote:

Hi, do you happen to know how or where I can just order an XL battery, I don't need a 2nd white housing.

At the moment you can't.

But Arlo might be working on that. There is a reference to a VMA5420-10000S in https://kb.arlo.com/000062630/Arlo-Go-2-LTE-WiFi-Security-Camera-FAQs - which either is a typo or something that isn't quite available yet.

mcdonagh
Aspirant
Aspirant

The photo for the charging station for the batteries is not enough for the user to understand what the products do. I just realized that the longer go2 battery also fits in this same charger. The web team should put also a photo showing how the SAME charger works for short and long batteries.BUT, also put in a note that states, 'Even though this charger can charge both batteries, please know that the short battery will not fit into the Go 2'   Because of this lack of information, I 'inferred' from the limited information that the short batteres would work for the Go2 and ordered wronly 2 of the short batteries. Now I am hoping support returns my call as they said they would, to teach me how to return the 2 wrong batteres and hope to quickly get an overnight express for the longer battery I actually need for the Go2.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation