Camera scheduling not possible?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
clintola1
Tutor
Tutor

I have 23 Arlo Go 2 cameras. I need those cameras to be at different locations on different schedules, but it appears ALL cameras are either armed or disarmed at the same time with no option to select which cameras will respond to different schedules. I have gone rounds with tech support and they don't know what they're talking about. The KB article I am regularly referred to has a point #9 where it says to select the camera that will respond to the schedule, but point #9 DOESN'T EXIST in the system when attempting to specify which camera will respond.

How is such a basic, but useful function in this system either broken or absent? I would love someone to tell me I'm doing it wrong then explain specifically how to schedule multiple cameras on different schedules because it's obviously too complicated for me.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@clintola1 wrote:

The KB article I am regularly referred to has a point #9 where it says to select the camera that will respond to the schedule, but point #9 DOESN'T EXIST in the system when attempting to specify which camera will respond.

Can you post the link to that article?

Also, let us know whether you see "Library" in your app, or if you see "Dashboard" and "Feed" instead.  Scheduling is handled very differently with "Library" than it is with "Feed".

clintola1
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for your reply. Here's the link...

https://kb.arlo.com/000062942/How-do-I-add-a-Schedule-Automation-to-my-Arlo-system?_ga=2.1695409.147...

Also, I have transitioned over to the new system with the "feed."

As far as I can tell it is not possible to have multiple cameras on multiple different schedules without creating new locations and being forced to have a different subscription plan for each location. It appears Arlo dramatically limited the ability to schedule your cameras based on your needs in an effort to force you to buy more subscriptions. That is weak at best.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@clintola1 wrote:

Here's the link...

https://kb.arlo.com/000062942/How-do-I-add-a-Schedule-Automation-to-my-Arlo-system?_ga=2.1695409.147...

Are you saying that you aren't seeing the Go 2 camera at step 9?  Or something else.

Not sure that the Go 2 fully works with Feed yet - I'm tagging @JamesC so he can respond.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@clintola1 

Is your Arlo Go 2 Device missing from the selection list? 

clintola1
Tutor
Tutor

No, I'm telling you step 9 doesn't exist. When you get done specifying what you want the schedule to be it doesn't give you an option to select which of your Arlo Go 2 cameras you want to respond to that schedule. Because of that ALL of the cameras respond to the schedule. It's the same problem when you want them to disarm. 

clintola1
Tutor
Tutor

I feel like I got left out in the cold here. I would love if someone would just tell me if Arlo's new plan means you have to create new "sites" to have your cameras on different schedules. At least be upfront if Arlo wants me to pay them separate subscription fees.

I have 23 cameras and deploy them at numerous construction sites. How can I create a different schedule for each construction site?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@clintola1 

Thanks for the additional feedback. I will look in to this further to see if we can assist with your additional inquires.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation