Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Spec7op
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cannot get the Go2 to work with WiFi. Using 5G network. After it “chimes” it tells you to wait, but always comes back after I wait with the option to retry.

Also, cannot find an audio trigger in the RULES section for the Go2. It only has motion triggering as a selection. I have the latest app version 3.5.8 and newest firmware.

Any help would be welcomed.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Spec7op wrote:
Cannot get the Go2 to work with WiFi. Using 5G network. After it “chimes” it tells you to wait, but always comes back after I wait with the option to retry.

Do you mean a 5G mobile network?  Or a 5 gHz WiFi network?  The Go2 uses 2.4 gHz WiFi.  Also the network needs to be secured a password (WPA2).

Are you using unusual characters in the WiFi name or passphrase?  

Spec7op
Aspirant
Aspirant
So we are traveling and I stopped at a motel to see if the Go2 would work on the motels WiFi network, which we intend to do often as I want the camera to monitor equipment we are hauling. We use our own proprietary military sensors. Camera in back of truck, aimed at equipment we are towing. When we get an alarm from our sensors, I want to activate Arlos real time video link. Not only am I having trouble with the WiFi, but it takes FORVER (minutes) to establish a real time video link. The app just spins. That’s why I’m wondering if it has trouble working on the 5G network as well. Again, I’m not talking about 5 GHZ, but Verizon’s service.

This camera is brand new, has paired successfully with the App, and was working great on the LTE network a day earlier.

Thanks for your help
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spec7op,

The symptom you're describing (delay in establishing a live stream) indicates a connectivity issue or poor WiFi/Mobile data speeds. If the motel WiFi or mobile data connection is poor or slow, this would be the result.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation