Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go 2 reads QR code but app is unable to find it

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Sahl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

My Arlo Go 2 camera reads QR code but app is unable to find it. I'm not using a SIM card, trying to configure it via WIFI. 

I can see the camera is connected to WIFI my device (from connected devices option in the WIFI hotspot) but the app is still unable to find it. 

(Please note that I'm the second owner of the camera ) 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Being the 2nd owner may imply that the original owner hasn't removed the camera from his account. If possible, contact him and have him check.

Sahl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had contacted the seller but he confirmed that camera is not linked to his account.

The camera came with original box but it is possible that even he is not the first owner. 

Can the Arlo unlock it if the first owner is unreachable? I have the box with same IMEI printed on it. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sahl,

Arlo agents do not have the ability to remove cameras from a customers account. You would need to contact the original seller to do this.

JamesC

Timcerise
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same thing happen with a new device. It was an android problem. I did the setup on a laptop browser and it worked and now I can see it in my app as well. It refused to let me register it in the app on multiple devices.

Timcerise
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a 3 day nightmare since getting this device and going through multiple agents, one finally told me to try on a laptop browser vs wait forever for them to maybe fix it or totally wrong answers (like it wasn't working bc we didn't buy a subscription even though it came with one and it also says everywhere that it's not required as there is a 7 day recording free plan).

The browser activation was also glitchy and a pain but we finally got it to work and we can now see and operate the camera on our app.

Just posting to help others and save them the frustration.

On the laptop browser it locked up on the trust this device page so I chose not to trust the device (bc we've tried on so many trying to get it to work I guess). Then it locked up on checking for firmware updates. I refreshed the page and it made me log back in then I could finish the setup. After that I could see and operate it from my android app.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation