Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go 2 No sound detection, charge battery issue

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Malc24
Tutor
Tutor

What a absolute piece of rubbish from Arlo. I have had the original Arlo cameras and then upgraded to Pro at home and no problems apart from the hard drive failing once and replaced under warranty. Had the original Arlo Go installed at my beach house and apart from some connectivity problems worked great. Decided to "upgrade" to the Arlo Go 2 what a step backwards!

No sound detection , I am now aware this camera doesn't have it! Why not Arlo???

Now the battery monitor says 100% charged yet it now says ! Charge battery. This device's battery is too low. Connect a compatible charger to charge the battery.

Thing is its got a solar charger connected in full sun. Camera is inside house so doesn't get activated more me checking in on it. Previous Arlo Go set up in identical place worked perfect for two years, wish I never upgraded and now camera is 500 kilometres away and not functioning. From reading other posts looks like users are the R&D test dummies. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Malc24
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

Yes I am using an Arlo Solar panel. Since putting up my comments regarding the charging issue I see that it has now disappeared, the low battery alert and I have been able to access the camera. Battery shows 100% even when the low battery message appeared.

Personally I think its an issue with the Arlo app. It seems to me that post developing a new product or app update Arlo doesn't do enough field testing prior to release.

I'm also really annoyed that they, Arlo, dropped sound detection from the Arlo Go 2.

After been a loyal customer for years and spending thousands on their products I doubt I would ever purchase an Arlo product again.

Cheers Malcolm

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Malc24,

Are you using an official Arlo branded solar panel? If not, it's possible that the solar panel you're using is not compatible with the camera and is causing the error you're seeing.

JamesC

Malc24
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post.

Yes I am using an Arlo Solar panel. Since putting up my comments regarding the charging issue I see that it has now disappeared, the low battery alert and I have been able to access the camera. Battery shows 100% even when the low battery message appeared.

Personally I think its an issue with the Arlo app. It seems to me that post developing a new product or app update Arlo doesn't do enough field testing prior to release.

I'm also really annoyed that they, Arlo, dropped sound detection from the Arlo Go 2.

After been a loyal customer for years and spending thousands on their products I doubt I would ever purchase an Arlo product again.

Cheers Malcolm

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation