Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Access Grant Problems- Friend Granted Permissions but cannot see cameras PLEASE HELP

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
comanche2023
Aspirant
Aspirant

PLEASE HELP! I have gone in circles for days on this and it is impossible to get a live Arlo employee to help (I've spent hours chatting with the support robot only to be sent in circles)..... 

(BACKGROUND)

We have 6 total cameras (Arlo Go 2). I have granted permission to people before and never encountered issues with allowing someone to view the cameras. We use these cameras on project sites, so I regularly switch permissions up. I have added new people far more than once and never had problems. Our Arlo account is active, all cameras functioning normally and firmware up to date. Those who I have previously given permission to view cameras have no problems going on. 

(SITUATION)

I invited 2 new people to have access to a few of the cameras. Invitation was sent to their specific email from my arlo "Grant Permission" feature (as I have done numerous times before). I made sure to specify which camera they have access to and confirmed what email they wanted the invite sent to. They received the invite, clicked the link, created their free account with the emails the invite was sent to. (This is all normal so far)

(ISSUES ARISE)

When they log into their new Arlo account, they do not have any devices listed. I triple checked the permissions to confirm I didn't make a mistake. My settings show they (1) have access and (2) have accepted the invitation I sent. I confirmed they are using the email associated with the invite. 

Troubleshooting done so far:

1) I have resent the invite to both people. Still no cameras on their account.

2) They have logged in and out on numerous devices to see if it was a computer issue.

3) I tried giving full permissions and also moving which cameras they have permissions to. 

4) Attempted using the Arlo chat NUMEROUS times only to be sent in circles by the robo agent for hours.... 

5) I have compared the accounts of those who I have previously given access to and they do not have the same menu features for some reason. 

6) I have played around in both of their accounts and find no evidence of shared devices or how to view. 

7) I have deleted them permanently from my list of permissions granted, and then resent the invitation from scratch. 

At this point I am at a loss. I appreciate any help that can be shared. I need these people added because it is critical for their ability to manage the project where the cameras are set. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@comanche2023 wrote:

5) I have compared the accounts of those who I have previously given access to and they do not have the same menu features for some reason. 

This is the key point.

Arlo is (slowly) migrating people to a new user experience.  The new experience includes "Feed" on the main menu, the older one includes "Library".

One snag (bug) is that camera sharing requires all accounts to be using the same experience - either all on "Feed" or all on "Library".  You cannot migrate from "Feed" to "Library", but you can force your account to migrate from "Library" to "Feed".  You do this by going into "add device" and attempting to add a Pro 5s or Home Security System.  This will fail, since you don't have these devices.  But the attempt will migrate you to the new "Feed" experience.

Once everyone is on Feed, the "friend" accounts will see two "Home" locations in their account - one of those is your home, the other is theirs.  Selecting yours will show them your cameras.  They can rename these locatations to make this easier to navigate.

There are bugs and IMO some missing features in "Feed", and once you migrate to it, there is no way back to "Library".  One of the bigger missing features is the lack of custom modes in Feed - although there are three built-in modes (Armed Home, Armed away, and Standby) that you can edit.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@comanche2023 wrote:

This is the key point.

Arlo is (slowly) migrating people to a new user experience.  The new experience includes "Feed" on the main menu, the older one includes "Library".

One snag (bug) is that camera sharing requires all accounts to be using the same experience - either all on "Feed" or all on "Library".  You cannot migrate from "Feed" to "Library", but you can force your account to migrate from "Library" to "Feed".  You do this by going into "add device" and attempting to add a Pro 5s or Home Security System.  This will fail, since you don't have these devices.  But the attempt will migrate you to the new "Feed" experience.

Once everyone is on Feed, the "friend" accounts will see two "Home" locations in their account - one of those is your home, the other is theirs.  Selecting yours will show them your cameras.  They can rename these locatations to make this easier to navigate.

There are bugs and IMO some missing features in "Feed", and once you migrate to it, there is no way back to "Library".  One of the bigger missing features is the lack of custom modes in Feed - although there are three built-in modes (Armed Home, Armed away, and Standby) that you can edit.

comanche2023
Aspirant
Aspirant

THANK YOU!!! This fixed it. I knew that there had been some updates just so odd it was so difficult to scoot around. Thank you for helping us figure this out. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation