what is the cheapest base station compatible with the vmc2030

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BG52
Follower
Follower

What is the most inexpensive  base station that is compatible with the VMC2030 camera? I wish to avoid any cloud storage fees or month fees. I just want to record all to my own storage. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BG52 wrote:

What is the most inexpensive  base station that is compatible with the VMC2030 camera? I wish to avoid any cloud storage fees or month fees. I just want to record all to my own storage. Any help would be much appreciated.

If you want to see the recordings in the app, then you'll need a smarthub.  Models are

• VMB4540
  • VMB5000

If you are ok with ejecting the USB storage from the base and examining it on a PC, then these two bases would also work:

• VMB4000
  • VMB4500

You'll have to do your own research on pricing.

There are several limitations to the direct access to local storage feature, so you should research them before buying (unless are you willing to switch to a subscription if you find them unacceptable). 

If you do go forward, then I suggest setting up direct access while you have the trial subscription in place - that gives you three months to get all the kinks worked out.