vmc2030 camera. Is it a Gen 1 or Gen 2?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gwalker63
Follower
Follower

Help!  Want to get a solar charger but don't know which Generation it is?

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hi @gwalker63 

We have this Article to help differentiate the Essential Generation 1 vs Generation 2 here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062507. 

I see the listing for the solar panels on the arlo shop do not list the SKU for compatible devices. I see how that can be a bit confusing when trying to purchase. I have notified the appropriate team to see if we can update the listing. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gwalker63 wrote:

Help!  Want to get a solar charger but don't know which Generation it is?

The VMC2030 is Gen 1.  Arlo makes figuring this out much harder than it should be.  One place where there is a comprehensive list is here:

The only thing missing there is how to distinguish an Ultra from an Ultra 2.

@JamesC - we waste time here because we need to help folks figure out what camera/doorbell they have, before we can help with their actual problem.  I think one or perhaps two KB articles would be helpful.  It'd be helpful to cover

• how to identify a camera or doorbell by physically examining it (so it could be done when it isn't in the account)
  • how to identify it using the support center in the app (both Library and Feed)
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @gwalker63 

We have this Article to help differentiate the Essential Generation 1 vs Generation 2 here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062507. 

I see the listing for the solar panels on the arlo shop do not list the SKU for compatible devices. I see how that can be a bit confusing when trying to purchase. I have notified the appropriate team to see if we can update the listing. Please let me know if you have any questions.